Associate Producer/MMJ - WNIT-TV
Are you a storyteller? Do you have a passion for education, local video production, documentaries, community connections and partnerships? If so, we’d love to talk to you. PBS Michiana-WNIT in South Bend, IN is actively seeking an Associate Producer/MMJ.
You’ll work collaboratively with team members to support the production of WNIT’s local content creation and productions for multiple platforms including TV, web and social media. As Associate Producer/MMJ, you will support the research, development, writing, editing, shooting and delivery of compelling original content. You’ll be a doer and problem solver and have a strong work ethic, but also be able to take direction and act as a team player. You’ll have demonstrated success in broadcast and digital content creation, included, but not limited to video, audio, graphics and field production.
You’ll report to the Senior Producer/Director, but will also collaborate across multiple engagement and content projects and support other opportunities as they arise. Primary responsibility will be for EducationCounts_Michiana which is a weekly educational series about programs and initiatives in the WNIT broadcast region.
• Develop and produce content and production materials in one or more areas of programming.
• Support the creation of original and compelling shows, documentaries and/or original programming segments.
• Produce, develop, shoot, and edit content that may include identifying topics, themes, guests, conducting pre-interviews and/or interviews, writing and/or integrating content for multimedia platforms.
• Produce, write, shoot, report, interview and edit field and studio projects.
• Take the initiative to identify opportunities, innovative approaches and ways to advance WNIT engagement and content. • Identify resources to execute all job responsibilities.
• Work effectively with external constituents, always representing WNIT with integrity.
• Maintain familiarity with studio and production equipment and/or applicable technology for production.
• Collaborate with other content creators in pre- to post-production processes.
• Assist with other company responsibilities when assigned.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a diverse group of professionals in an ever-changing and fast paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and verbal skills, as well as writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to promote and build a team atmosphere and work in a highly integrated team environment.
• Proven ability to quickly gather, learn and analyze information.
• Proactive, “can-do” attitude
• “Out of the box” thinker
• Self-motivated, self-starter, ability to perform congenially in a deadline-driven environment
• Able to work collaboratively with a team or independently, as needed
• Enthusiasm for the mission of WNIT and the role of public media in a changing journalistic environment Skills and
• Experience writing, producing, shooting, and editing.
• Experience managing complex video production projects with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience in supporting the production of innovative and impactful content for multiple platforms.
• At least 1 year working professionally in broadcast media production preferred.
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Suite or equivalent non-linear editing software or industry standard editing programs.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, proof of insurability.
Education: Undergraduate degree in multi-media, communications, journalism or related discipline (B.A. or B.S.)
Current benefits include: Partially paid health, vision & life insurance and voluntary dental and life insurance; Retirement plan and matching; Paid vacation, sick and personal time; Paid holidays; Free membership to the Potawatomi Zoo; Free membership to the YMCA/O’Brien Center; EAP
Think this is the perfect opportunity for you? Apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and link to or sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PBS Michiana WNIT, Attn: Associate Producer/MMJ Search Committee, PO Box 7034, South Bend, IN 46634-7034.
Please mention how you learned about this position. EOE Classification: Full time, Non-Exempt. Statement of Diversity Diversity is a source of strength, creativity and innovation for PBS Michiana WNIT. We value the contribution of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, ability and opinions enrich the community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach and diversity.
Job Type : Full-Time
How to Apply : See above
Location : South Bend, IN