Broadcast Maintenance Engineer - WGVU Public Media
WGVU is seeking a Broadcast Maintenance Engineer, responsible for ensuring continuous operation of WGVU’s radio and television facilities, related to both over the air, online, and studio production. The Broadcast Maintenance Engineer provides design, installation, technical support, operation, and training for computer-based television broadcast systems, including Master Control, Production, Satellite, and RF Transmission facilities.
• Operates and maintains audio, video, computer network, studio, transmission, and other related broadcast equipment for WGVU television and radio.
• Operates and maintains satellite communication equipment.
• Monitors television and radio transmission equipment to maintain correct operational parameters.
• Installs broadcast equipment and systems.
• Maintains maintenance logs and other required records.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Coordinate activities with clients and vendors to ensure timely completion of projects.
• Provides support for broadcast productions and remote events, including Engineer-in-Charge duties.
• Trains students, interns, and other employees in the set-up and operation of radio and television broadcast equipment.
• High school graduate supplemented by two years of technical training, appropriate degree, or certification.
• Minimum of four years of broadcast equipment operation and maintenance experience and/or additional relevant technical training or experience.
• Possess good mechanical and electro-mechanical repair skills.
• Working knowledge of electricity, electronics, and sophisticated electronic testing equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret electronic equipment schematic diagrams.
• Knowledge of computer operating systems, applications, and computer networks.
• Demonstrated success maintaining satisfactory work performance and attendance records.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated success working independently, organizing own work, and coordinating work activities of others.
• Ability to physically perform the duties of the job such as lifting equipment, climbing ladders, working in confined spaces, etc.
• Ability to work outside in inclement weather conditions.
• Willingness to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
• Possession of a valid Michigan driver’s license is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other relevant field
• Supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of satellite communication equipment.
• Knowledge of client-server technology, computer operating systems, local and wide-area networking, network security, and data storage.
• Demonstrated experience with design of video, audio, control systems, and circuits.
• Knowledge and experience working with FCC rules, SMPTE and ANSI standards.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.
Application Deadline 6/2/2023
Application email/URL https://jobs.gvsu.edu/cw/en-us/job/494763/broadcast-maintenance-engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type : Full-Time