Broadcast Maintenance Technician - WNEM-TV
WNEM-TV is recruiting for a Broadcast Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage, document and execute projects and other tasks in a demanding live-streaming and broadcast environment. The person will be directly responsible for installation, operation and maintenance of studio and field equipment. A strong background in and understanding of television engineering systems is required, including analog and digital and video, and IT-based broadcast television systems.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Exhibit a good working knowledge of television and IT systems maintenance, as well as FCC rules, regulations and licensing.
• Install, maintain, upgrade, and configure standard broadcast television equipment;
• Read schematics and engineering drawings.
• Cultivate vendor and supplier sales and support contacts. Be familiar with purchasing procedures.
• Ability to adapt to multiple, sometimes changing priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
• Show judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
• Be available to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may become necessary from time to time.
Qualifications/Requirements: Three to five years in television broadcast operations and maintenance, military or equivalent training and /or experience. Technical configuration experience with production switchers, video systems and automation. Experience in broadcast television transmission systems and microwave frequencies is desirable. Computer literacy is required including knowledge of engineering applications. Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
The successful candidate is covered by a bargaining unit contract agreement. A valid driver's license is required. As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
How to apply: Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type : Full-Time