Digital Sales Manager - WJRT-TV
Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
ABOUT STATION: For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously. Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award-winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too.
DIGITAL SALES MANAGER: WJRT-TV/ABC12, the ABC station in Flint, Michigan owned by Allen Media Broadcasting, is looking for a creative and aggressive Digital Sales Manager. The Digital Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the station's digital advertising revenue goals and works closely with the entire sales team to train, prospect, develop, close and maintain accounts.
The DSM works in partnership with the sales team to identify clients’ needs and to recommend effective multi-platform marketing solutions, integrating traditional television advertising with non-traditional digital tools and new media platforms. Growing existing clients and new business development are key areas of focus. Must be proficient with current digital marketing trends and solutions. Serve as a coach and advisor to the sales teams and advertisers.
• Achieve digital and team revenue sales objectives
• Forecast, manage budgets, and execute a strategic plan
• Provide consistent training to help team understand and position digital products and how they work alongside broadcast campaigns
• Help sellers build multi-platform solutions that help solve the challenges and achieve the business/marketing objectives of our client.
• Work alongside the GSM and LSMs to motivate and lead a sales team to reach all revenue goals.
• Strong sense of urgency to generate revenue
• Develop and oversee new sales opportunities or projects
• Ability to make calls on existing and prospective business daily
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Develop new accounts
• Team player with the ability to create, build and foster business relationships
• Train sales team on new products/procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Matrix, Comscore, Excel or similar traffic, sales and CRM experience.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from four year college or university or equivalent is strongly preferred
• Mindful of deadlines
• Proven track record of digital sales success in local media (broadcast TV preferred)
• Excellent listening, presentation, negotiation and closing skills
• Develop campaigns and media presentations
• Ability to lead and make split second decisions based upon knowledge of directives
• Must be self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and excel under intense deadlines pressure in a rapidly changing environment
• High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with excellent judgement
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
• Superior multitasking skills, Able to work cross-functionally and handle multiple requests daily
• Digital Media Sales Certification (IAB DMSC) a plus
• Google AdWords Certification a plus
• Google Analytics experience a plus
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
• Confident personality with a strong sense of urgency and a winning attitude
• Must be willing to reside in the DMA
• Management experience preferred
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION This is a full-time position offering competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan. Pre-employment and random drug testing, successful completion of pre-employment background check, and MVR check are conditions of employment. You must possess a valid driver’s license had have a good driving record. If offered a position, you must produce legally required documentation demonstrating your eligibility to work in the United States before you can begin employment. This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
Please apply by visiting abc12.com careers and apply.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: WJRT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WJRT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. WJRT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WJRT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Application Deadline 12/30/2022
Job Type : Full-Time