For more than 60 years, ABC12 has been part of the Mid-Michigan community. Being called a leader in the industry is a responsibility and commitment we take seriously.
Providing breaking news of the day and keeping our viewers informed before, during and after severe weather is our commitment day in and day out. Reaching beyond the traditional news of the day, ABC12 is humbled to be the media partner for several events throughout the year benefiting the community we call home.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a change or challenge your skills, the award-winning team of ABC12 could be the perfect home for you too.
WJRT is looking for a leader.
The Executive Producer must be a proven newsroom leader who knows how to execute content strategy and also win breaking news and weather coverage on all platforms, maintain a strong sense of urgency with our newscast production and newsroom culture, and knows how to balance serious journalism with lighter moments critical to the success of our newscasts. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for newscasts or local programs, including oversight on story selection, content, and production, ensuring that the station is competitive within the market.
- Manages newsroom content and showcasing across multiple platforms, to improve the quality of our product and the growth of our audience as measured by ratings and analytics.
- Collaborates with producers, field crews, content coordinators, anchors, and other managers to select stories for coverage.
- Oversees and edits writing for all platforms, including stories, newscast teases, web headlines and social posts.
- On occasion, will produce newscasts.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback to individuals and larger groups.
- Ensures newscasts are properly organized. Seeks insight from ratings trends and acts upon that data and other research.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3-years TV news producing experience strongly preferred.
- ADDITIONAL SKILLS: Journalism: Skilled storyteller, journalistic ethics and libel.
- Working knowledge of television ratings.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of all media platforms and broad understanding of broadcast newsroom operations and equipment.
- Calm under pressure: able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage execution: setting expectations, delegating, facilitating, removing barriers, measuring performance, and fostering accountability/recognition.
- Decision making: Ties decisions to strategy, uses sound logic, makes decisions at the right time, brings others into decision making process, chooses the best alternative.
- Coach: Continuously cultivates capabilities by asking the right questions and equipping staff with tools, knowledge, and opportunities they need to develop themselves.
This is a full-time position offering competitive salaries with a competitive benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision plans as well as a 401k plan.
Pre-employment and random drug testing, successful completion of pre-employment background check, and MVR check are conditions of employment. You must possess a valid driver’s license had have a good driving record.
If offered a position, you must produce legally required documentation demonstrating your eligibility to work in the United States before you can begin employment.
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law).
Please apply by visiting abc12.com careers and apply.
WJRT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WJRT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WJRT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of WJRT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Type : Full-Time
How to Apply : Please apply by visiting abc12.com careers and apply.
Location : Flint