Operations Manager - Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is looking for a Full Time Operations Manager for its two radio stations located in Detroit, MI. This individual will oversee all aspects of the on-air programming operations for this market. Reports to the General Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership and oversight in the execution of an excellent on-air sound and image for the station, with a goal of growing and expanding audience engagement and response.
- Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and Salem Media Group policies.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision and scheduling of programming personal.
- Perform on-air as a station personality either live or via voice-tracking.
- Appear at station events/remotes as friendly “face” of the station.
- Work with station voiceover talent to create and produce station imaging and promos.
- Manage the daily functioning of automated program delivery resulting in consistent, “tight,” On-air product. A station sound with minimal , if any, episodes of “dead” air or “audio collisions,” experience with Rivendell and Wide Orbit automation preferred.
- Be organized and able to create systems to accomplish an excellent on-air sound.
- Coordinate digital audio streaming processes including web and app based systems.
- Work with sales staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
- Work with brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
- Work with station promotions director to maximize digital assets including websites, social media presence, and other emerging techniques.
- Provide light IT hardware/software services and supervise building maintenance.
- Support routine building maintenance for lighting, plumbing, etc by connecting with professional contractors etc when need arises.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Several years of experience in radio programming/production/operations management.
- Knowledge of digital automation systems (Rivendell and WO knowledge and experience a plus).
- Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Proficient in computer skills (Window/PC; Microsoft Office, etc).
- Ability to solve problems with creativity.
- Ability to understand and program to the conservative and evangelical listening audience.
- A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
- Possess the ability to work in what will initially be a "streamlined" operation.
- Have the ability to successfully expand oversight to additional stations that may be added to the market cluster.
To apply: visit salemmedia.com/careers and apply online.
Salem Media Group is the leading US radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative Newstalk and Christian and family-themes programming. Salem Media Group is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We offer competitive salary based upon experience and a comprehensive benefit package including paid holidays and paid vacation for full time positions.
Job Type : Full-Time