Production Technician - WNIT-TV
PBS Michiana-WNIT in South Bend, IN seeks a part time Production Technician (Master Control Operator) to maintain WNIT’s on-air product in accordance with FCC regulations, program logs and station policy. Responsibilities include:
• Oversee on-air signal of all program streams to maintain program continuity and signal quality. Take manual control as necessary during live events or problem correction.
• Oversee automation system and play lists.
• Oversee ingests of programs from PBS and other sources to server and/or tape. Note impairments and arrange for refeeds if necessary.
• Ingest logs and record lists from traffic to automation and correct conflicts or errors.
• Maintain program and transmitter logs accurately and according to FCC regulations and station policy. Perform weekly and monthly EAS tests.
• Edit and assemble promos, underwriting spots and client based projects.
• Assist with other responsibilities when assigned.
Education: High School diploma or GED. College degree preferred, engineering or technical, or equivalent experience.
Skills and Experience:
• Broadcast or television experience required.
• Experience in broadcast master control operations required.
• Adobe Premiere editing system and ProTrack scheduling system software preferred.
• GVG Itx automation a plus.
• Punctual, dependable, focused, detail-oriented, be able to work with strict deadlines and have strong multi-tasking skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
Compensation: $13.00-$15.00/hr Current benefits include: Retirement plan and matching; Free membership to the Potawatomi Zoo; Free membership to the YMCA/O’Brien Center; EAP
Think this is the perfect opportunity for you? Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to PBS Michiana-WNIT, Attn: Production Technician Search Committee, PO Box 7034, South Bend, IN 46634-7034. Please mention how you learned about this position. EOE
How to apply: Think this is the perfect opportunity for you? Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PBS Michiana-WNIT, Attn: Production Technician Search Committee, PO Box 7034, South Bend, IN 46634-7034. Please mention how you learned about this position. EOE
Application Deadline 12/16/2022
Job Type : Part-time
Location : South Bend, IN