Technical Media Producer - WLUC-TV
A Technical Media Producer routinely direct newscasts and operates equipment in both News Production and Master Control where switching systems are preprogrammed and highly automated. When not directing and preparing for newscasts, they also monitor, maintain and operate master control automation equipment including preparing/ingesting program material. Maintain and confirm FCC compliance during scheduled shifts. This includes the master control responsibilities associated with both TV6 and FOX U.P. as well as all digital signals. Please note - the primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties listed above.
• Operate Ross OverDrive automation system and video switcher
• MCR operation and automation
• Operate equipment supporting production/master control
• Effectively perform operations with robotic cameras, teleprompter, and audio.
• Edius editing
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with all members of the team
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Assist in maintaining a clean studio and production area
• Variable work schedule due to station needs. Hours may include early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
• Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements (Experience, Education, Etc.): Previous experience as a Master Control Operator and Technical Director is preferred but not required. This is an entry level position, and we are willing to train the right candidate.
• Knowledge of production standards and equipment
• Ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure
• Typing and good spelling skills necessary
• Ability to read and write, college degree preferred but not required
• Must be able to lift & position 40 pound lighting instruments
• Must have valid driver’s license with clean record
How to apply: If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people, go to https://recruiting.ultipro.com/GRA1017GRYT/JobBoard/ae441110-89bd-444d-8ad2-b76c7b9db7a9/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=967d19c2-a2ee-4882-b3a6-299add402182
Application Deadline 5/31/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type : Full-Time